Our planet. Our responsibility.
As part of our company’s vision, Niagara’s Finest Hotels are all committed to being a green company of hotels. A green, or eco-friendly, hotel is one that considers environmental aspects in all areas of operations including building management, guest services, and dining.
We have taken a number of environmental conscious steps to become more sustainable and lessen our carbon footprint. We’ll be implementing even more initiatives in our ongoing efforts in being an eco-friendly hotel.
And if you know of any other environmental initiatives that we could implement, please don’t hesitate to email us to let us know!
Hotel’s Environmental Initiatives:
- Linen re-use program
- Recycling bins in guest rooms and the hotel’s offices – paper products, cardboard, glass, plastic, and tin can all be recycled
- A compost bin is located in the hotel’s kitchen
- Hotel has a publicly-accessed jug-less water cooler that provides complimentary cold purified water for guests and in-room glass pitchers – this reduces the need for guests to purchase bottled water decreasing the amount of plastic that ends up in landfill sites
- Housekeepers use an eco-friendly line of cleaning chemicals
- Hotel participates and promotes in environmental related events such as Earth Hour
- Certain items after a period of use are donated to local charitable organizations such as Gillian’s Place in St. Catharines, Ontario instead of these items being thrown out
- Hotel offers a 100% indoor non-smoking environment
Niagara’s Finest Inns is pleased to be part of 2 great causes on an annual basis.
Every February, Niagara’s Finest Inns holds it’s 40 Winks Under Our Roof for Red Roof event. Residents of the Niagara Region have an opportunity to spend a night at the Charles Inn or one of our sister properties at an unbelievable low rate. 100% of the proceeds go to Red Roof Retreat so guests can have fun at a great rate for an important cause!
Since 2001, Red Roof Retreat, a Niagara Region Charity, has provided opportunities for children and young adults with special needs to participate in summer camp programs, day programs, and educational programs at their fully accessible location in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Respite services are also available for ages 3 through to 21 years.
Every October, Niagara’s Finest Inns puts together a team of at least 10 staff members to participate and raise money in the annual CIBC Run for the Cure for Breast Cancer.
The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure is Canada’s largest single day, volunteer-led fundraising event dedicated to raising funds for breast cancer research, and education and awareness programs.
Each year, thousands of Canadians of all ages and from all walks of life unite to participate in the Run. Their reasons for participating vary, but they all have the same goal; to create a future without breast cancer.