Our planet. Our responsibility.
As part of our company’s vision, Niagara’s Finest Hotels are all committed to being a green company of hotels. A green, or eco-friendly, hotel is one that considers environmental aspects in all areas of operations including building management, guest services, and dining.
We have taken a number of environmental conscious steps to become more sustainable and lessen our carbon footprint. We’ll be implementing even more initiatives in our ongoing efforts in being an eco-friendly hotel.
And if you know of any other environmental initiatives that we could implement, please don’t hesitate to email us to let us know!
Hotel’s Environmental Initiatives:
- Linen re-use program
- Recycling bins in guest rooms and the hotel’s offices – paper products, cardboard, glass, plastic, and tin can all be recycled
- A compost bin is located in the hotel’s kitchen
- Hotel has a publicly-accessed jug-less water cooler that provides complimentary cold purified water for guests and in-room glass pitchers – this reduces the need for guests to purchase bottled water decreasing the amount of plastic that ends up in landfill sites
- Housekeepers use an eco-friendly line of cleaning chemicals
- Hotel participates and promotes in environmental related events such as Earth Hour
- Certain items after a period of use are donated to local charitable organizations such as Gillian’s Place in St. Catharines, Ontario instead of these items being thrown out
- Hotel offers a 100% indoor non-smoking environment
Niagara’s Finest Hotels is pleased to be part of 2 great causes on an annual basis.
Every February, Niagara’s Finest Hotels holds it’s 40 Winks Under Our Roof for Red Roof event. Residents of the Niagara Region have an opportunity to spend a night at the Charles Hotel or one of our sister properties at an unbelievable low rate. 100% of the proceeds go to Red Roof Retreat so guests can have fun at a great rate for an important cause!
Since 2001, Red Roof Retreat, a Niagara Region Charity, has provided opportunities for children and young adults with special needs to participate in summer camp programs, day programs, and educational programs at their fully accessible location in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Respite services are also available for ages 3 through to 21 years.