Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Serves 6 to 8
2 Spanish onions, chopped
5 Celery sticks, chopped
5 Garlic cloves, sliced
1 pc Ginger, chopped
2 Carrots, chopped
1 or 2 pc Butternut squash, rough chopped
2 Lime leafs
2 tbsp Red Thai curry paste
Chicken or Vegetable stock
Salt and Pepper
1 bunch cilantro
1. In a large soup pot, sweat down the onions, garlic and ginger in a bit of vegetable oil and or butter.
2. Add the celery, and carrot, and sweat down for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the Thai Curry Paste and Lime Leaves. Cook For another 6 minutes on med low heat.
4. Add the Squash, season with salt and pepper again, cook for 15 min, or until the squash starts to get soft.
5. Cover with half coconut milk and half stock. Simmer over low heat until vegetables are cooked, and tender.
6. Let cool for 15 minutes. Pick out lime leaves and discard.
7. Blend in a Blender on high speed until very smooth. Pour soup back into a pot, or storage container.
8. Finish with lime zest and juice, chili paste, honey, and salt and pepper. These are all to taste depending on how spicy you want it.
I like to make the soup a day before serving, And I steep a bunch of cilantro wrapped in cheese cloth in the soup overnight. Just remove and discard the cilantro when ready to serve. Check the seasoning again before serving, may need to add more lime or honey.
Serve with a fish cake, cilantro oil, and green onion curls.
Great Food/Great Comments
“Awesome place, love the service will always remember Zees”
“Always enjoy the unique menu and great wines, atmosphere casual and classy”
“Celebrated our 25th anniversary with an exquisite meal and service. It made for a perfect day.”
“We celebrated our 35th Anniversary at Zees. The service was excellent and our dinner was superb. Thanks for the memories.”
“The food at Zees was fabulous and the service was outstanding. Thank-you for helping us to recoup and reconnect.”