1 lb Chicken skinless, small dice (leftover turkey or chicken can substitute)
1 cup Diced carrots
1 cup Frozen green peas
1 cup Frozen corn
½ cup Diced celery
1 cup Diced white onion
1/3 cup Flour
1/3 cup Butter
1 tsp Fresh thyme
1 ½ cup Chicken stock
2/3 cup Milk
2 Pie crusts (bought or homemade) thawed
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In a heavy pan on medium high heat with little to no oil, cook the carrots, celery, and onion until they become soft and begin to brown.
- Add the chicken and sear. Add peas and corn and continue to cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Add butter, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Add flour and cook to form a roux.
- Increase heat and add milk and chicken stock and stir to thicken.
- Once thick, pour into a prepped pie shell, mixture should be very thick but not solid. Add second pie crust to the top and pinch closed with a fork around the edge.
- Make small slits in the top of the crust for steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.