Grilled Tuna Burger
With just a couple of delicious ingredients, you can prepare these flavourful and juicy tuna burgers in minutes for your next summer BBQ! Tuna is a great alternative to the traditional meat patties and just as satisfying.
Serves 10 – 12
2 ½ lb Ground tuna
1½ fl oz Soy sauce
1 fl. oz Sesame Oil
10 Brioche burger buns
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Toragashi spice
1 tsp Chili flakes
1 cup Rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp White sugar
1 tsp Salt
- Mix tuna, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a large bowl, allow to sit for 5 – 10 minutes under refrigeration.
- Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise with toragashi spice and let sit.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin off the cucumber, then peel the cucumber into ribbons, not using the center seeds, and place in a bowl.
- In a pot add chili flakes, salt, sugar, vinegar, and some tap water.
- Bring to a boil so sugar and salt dissolve and pour over cucumber ribbons and place in the fridge to cool.
- Remove Tuna mixture from fridge and form into 5 oz patties.
- Either grill at high heat on a greased BBQ or sear in a pan or griddle plate to medium well or desired doneness.
- Toast burger buns and spread toragashi mayo on the bottom.
- Place tuna burgers on the bun and top with pickled cucumber.
- Substitute using your favourite burger topping.
- Add carrot ribbons to cucumber mix for pickled carrots.