Classic Holiday Cookie
Shortbread cookies are the quintessential holiday cookie and the perfect canvas for fun and festive decorating! This Shortbread recipe is ultra buttery and not overly sweet, a great option for cookie exchanges.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to decorating shortbread cookies so get creative!
Yields 24 cookies
2 cup Butter, softened
1 cup White sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
4 cup All-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla, add flour and mix well until combined.
- Fill cookie press with the dough and form cookies onto two ungreased cookie sheets, spacing them about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven, and set them on a wire cooling rack for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the shortbread cookies to the rack to cool completely.