Niagara’s Finest Hotels’ Summer Cocktails
Looking for the perfect cocktail to serve at your next summer gathering or party? Celebrate the return of warm weather and sunshine with these delicious summer cocktails that will keep you refreshed all season long.
Compliments of Food & Beverage Manager Alan Ziemianin from HobNob Restaurant at The Charles Hotel, and Kara Rochon, Food & Beverage Manager from Zees Grill at The Shaw Club.
The Empress Elderflower
This summer cocktail is delightfully refreshing with its subtle floral notes and bright citrus garnish, plus it’s incredibly beautiful with the purple hue.
Compliments of Food & Beverage Manager Alan Ziemianin from HobNob Restaurant at The Charles Hotel.
1½ oz of Empress 1903 gin
½ oz St. Germaine Elderflower liqueur
½ oz of Lime juice
- Fill a collings or (hi-ball) glass with ice.
- Add 1½ oz of the Empress 1903 gin (Made in Victoria B.C., the Empress is a legendary historic Fairmont hotel).
- Add ½ oz St. Germaine Elderflower liqueur.
- Squeeze half a lime or ½ oz of lime juice.
- Fill to the top with tonic water.
- Stir with a spoon.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
- The cocktail is finished with an agave straw (100% bio-degradable and has the feel of plastic).
When it’s summer, there’s nothing better than a fruity cocktail in hand! Blythe Spritz is best enjoyed on a warm summer day in the comfort of your patio.
Compliments of Kara Rochon, Food & Beverage Manager from Zees Grill at The Shaw Club.
1 tsp Raspberry purée
1 oz Ungava gin
1 oz Pineapple juice
Splash of simple syrup
- Shake over ice, then pour into a flute.
- Top with sparkling wine and garnish with raspberries.